What is Reiki?
In the Japanese language the same word has a meaning on many levels. The word Reiki is two words - Rei, in its spiritual sense, is taken as meaning Universal Energy. Ki - meaning Life Force that flows through all living things. The meaning of Ryoho is healing method, therapy or remedy.
The original Reiki knowledge had been lost; it is thought to have its origins in India and the Far East before Buddha or Christ. It was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui around 1900.
Ki energy, which is the natural energy that flows around and within the body, is the non-physical energy that animates all living things. It is inside us all, it is part of our genetic structure. It stimulates a person’s own natural healing abilities and can be activated for the purpose of healing. Ki energy can work in the unconscious parts of the mind; it flows where it is needed in the client’s body.
When a person’s Ki is high they will feel well, strong and confident. When the Ki energy is low they will feel unwell, weak and more likely to become ill.
Ki is also known by other names. In China its Chi, in India - Prana. The Hawaiians call it Ti or Ki. It is also known as ordic force, bio plasma and life force.
Reiki brings the mind, body and soul into balance and has the power to heal and influence our lives. It stimulates growth, health, life and healing.
Reiki is not the same as simple life force energy which can be used for good and bad.
The technique used in Reiki involves the therapist placing their hands on or just above the client’s body. The therapist channels this universal energy into the client’s body to activate the natural healing processes of the recipient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
Reiki can be used for:
• Headaches including Migraines
• Boosting immunity
• To increase energy and vitality
• Chronic pain and much more
• Blood flow
• Rebalancing dysfunctional Chakras
• Increases vibrational frequency of the body
• Detoxifies the body
The benefits of using Reiki include:
• The technique is pain-free, the therapist using only the hands to facilitate the flow of energy for the body.
• There is no need to divulge personal information about a trauma or problem to the practitioner unless you wish to.
• Reiki therapy works on mind, body and soul.
• It can be used on adults, children with the parent/guardian consent and also used on pets.
• It is calming and relaxing.
• The energy flows where it is needed in the client creating the healing conditions for the individuals needs,
• It cannot be misused as it always creates a healing effect.