What is EFT?
“The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body´s energy system.” Gary Craig
The technique used in Emotional Freedom Technique (founded by Gary Craig), involves gentle tapping with the finger tips on the Meridian points (energy points) located on the Meridian lines, (energy channels) with the purpose of reducing or eliminating a particular concern, issue or problem.
EFT can be used for:
• Emotionally-based physical illness
• Panic attacks
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
The benefits of using this gentle tapping technique include:
• It’s quick!
• It is very easy to learn and most people find it very easy to do.
• There are no needles as with acupuncture.
• The technique is pain-free using only the finger tips to apply gentle pressure on the meridian points.
• There is no need to divulge personal information about a trauma or problem to the practitioner unless you wish to.
EFT is a type of energy healing. When a person is well, the energy will flow freely through the Meridian lines. When a person is ill, it is because the energy flow has been disrupted and to alleviate the disruption the blockage should be released. Meridian lines carry energy throughout the body and unlike other systems in the body Meridian lines are invisible.
Acupuncture and Acupressure utilize the Meridian lines and have been used in Eastern medicine for thousands of years to manage health. The Chinese believe that emotion and cognitive health states are significant causes of disease as are purely physical causes. In brief the meridian lines interact with your cells, organs, moods, and thoughts. EFT works by stimulating the same Meridian points on the surface of the skin without needles and when combined with Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) procedures, can help overcome negative behaviours, emotions and habits.
• Psychotherapy • Sports peak performance • Vocational guidance • Counselling • Education • Physical health